How will the meet run?
- Similar to a normal meet in years past
- Only our swimmers will be here (no other team)
- We will have 60 true “events”
- A heat sheet will be posted online prior to the start of the meet so you can see what lane, heat, and event your swimmer will be in
o IT IS IMPORTANT YOU CHECK THIS AND LET YOUR SWIMMER KNOW BECAUSE WE WILL NOT BE WRITING NUMBERS ON ARMS THIS YEAR
o You can do that yourself if you choose
- We will have one timer per lane and one “head timer”
When is the meet?
- We will have “one meet” but run it twice (once in the morning and once in the evening)
- They will take place at the beginning of each practice time.
o 7:00 AM
o 5:45 PM
o You will need to be there at either 7 AM or 5:45 PM no matter when your practice normally is.
Do we need to go to both?
- No! Please do not go to both
- We will run the exact same meet twice. This means it does not matter which meet you come to (morning or evening)
Will we have relays?
- Yes and no. Relays will not be true relays like we normally had in previous years. We won’t have the entire team at each meet, so we won’t have enough swimmers for a normal relay. We will however have some fun relays at the end of the meet!
Can I come in and watch?
- Yes, we would love you to. Just make sure to wear a mask!
Will there be snacks for sale?
- We will have KONA ICE out again at the pool for the evening meet. We will also have water for sale.
What about volunteers? Who is going to be a timer?
- We are going to ask that each family provide one person to volunteer. For each meet we will need a total of 16 volunteers for each meet—8 each half.
How will I know how fast my kid swam?
- We will post results to the Facebook page a few days after the meet is over.
- Please feel free to call, email, or text me!